Teachanywhere.com

flyingrob31

Teachanywhere.com

Post by flyingrob31 »

Has anybody heard of or used teachanywhere.com? They are a free service and seem friendly but I never hear about them on any of these forums. Most of their posting are in the middle east, but they have a few postings that are interesting to me. Is this company legit?
PsyGuy

Yeah, barely

Post by PsyGuy »

They mainly work with university students and new graduates, and primarily the public school system (they specialize in internships). Most of their positions are all in low paying schools, and in undesirable locations (like the ME). They are legit, but they cant really do anything special for you, that a real teacher cant do themselves. There are lot of jobs in the ME practically all year. Lastly, they arent "free". If your not paying them the school is, which means that your still paying them.
Katron

Post by Katron »

I would be careful, they can help you get a position but it's a business and they are looking to make money, not llok after your best interests as they tend to make out.

Like Psyguy says many of the positions are not that desirable and perhaps not as made out to be. Personal experience talking here.

You are much better applying directly yourself, researching and choosing the schools that will fufil your goals.

Hope that helps
andreaoboe

Re: Teachanywhere.com

Post by andreaoboe »

Yes. Be careful w Teachanywhere. I have spoken and used 3 recruiters from there over the last 2 years and have had interviews and the like with employers but their lack of communication to keep me informed is a disgrace.
I would not trust them in my home country let alone for a job overseas. A lot of broken promises!
Look for decent recruiters elsewhere! These guys have a bad rep
sunteacher

Post by sunteacher »

I would echo what the other posters say...

They are a free service, so their interests are not really for us small fish (tadpoles); I felt like it was just 'get 'em in for interviews', even if there was no match, despite telling them what you want (I said I wanted a bigger school, they put me up for was smaller schools, I wanted a specific curriculum, I got everything but, list can go on....).

You have to do your research as Teachanywhere don't have all the information, so much so they say 'oh, that could be something you can ask them about in the interview!'

That said, they did have some exciting schools on their books, but depends on your needs..... if I was a first time teacher with no expectations, I would have taken some of their jobs.

Good luck!
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

I have used their services, in fact i have been in SE Asia for the last 4 years and i got my current teaching post thru Teachanywhere. I also know of another 2 teachers who got their current teaching posts with them. To me they were very professional and helpful.
higgsboson

Post by higgsboson »

Teachanywhere works and I have gotten well paying jobs through their service.
NES also works and again, I have gotten well paying jobs through their service as well.

Many teachers think in terms tiers when it comes to schools and placement services. They probably think of Teachanywhere and NES as 3rd tier recruitment agencies that place teachers in 3rd tier schools and so pay big bucks to Search or ISS and waste even more time and money at recruitment fairs in search of 1st tier schools. They are the fools!

So called 3rd tier schools have consistently over the years made me more money and with less stress and much less work than so called 1st tier schools. And for that, I thank Teach Anywhere and NES.
lifeisnotsobad

Post by lifeisnotsobad »

Dear Higgsbottom...I am sure Teachanywhere and NES are thrilled with your endorsement :-).
MedellinHeel

Post by MedellinHeel »

What exactly is NES?
higgsboson

Post by higgsboson »

Teacher_Teacher said: nes-hk.com "just a typical headhunter for Chinese schools...not international schools"

"Just" and "Typical" is exactly the attitude I'm talking about.

nes can get you jobs making up to $70,000 per year.
It got me my job last year making $55,000 tax free and including housing and flights.