Alphabet School Vietnam and Interview Advice!

wrldtrvlr123

Re: REALLY

Post by wrldtrvlr123 »

[quote="PsyGuy"]There are a number of schools that really dont HAVE to use recruiters including Search anyway. ASIJ and ISB (Beijing, Bangkok, Brussels) dont need to use an agency. They could fill their vacancies using just their own HR department. [/quote]
----------------------------------------------------------

And yet...those schools DO use Search to post openings and recruit through their job fairs. I'm assuming they perceive some great benefit from it.
stellalocal

Post by stellalocal »

I just don't think that we can use Search as a judge of whether a school is any good.
There are quite a few excellent 'British' schools that I know of that don;t go through Search, and as Psyguy says, there are some rubbish ones in Search. S I don't see what the Search argument would be. All we know is Search has some good and some bad schools. There are also many schools, again, good an bad, that don't go through Search.
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

How a a school is typed is determined by the curriculum they follow and teach as well as the atmosphere the school attempts to develop. A school is considered a British school if they teach a UK curriculum and attempt to mimic that school atmosphere, who the owner is is irrelevant, and most schools are locally owned or managed.

The head office or the education ministry in Britain doesnt run international schools, like the DOS "assists" schools on the american side.

A schools association with Search says nothing about the caliber of the school. We dont know if its because Search has rejected the school, or because the school has rejected Search. British schools tend to use TIE or COIS, though a majority of them use private recruiting agencies that appeal to a general audience and may not be teaching/education specific.

Schools do get a benefit from being associated with Search. Its inexpensive for a school to maintain their profile with Search once established, and like many professional associations, it adds to the schools reputation and credibility. Beyond that if your not recruiting Search affiliation has little utility.
Shameless

Post by Shameless »

ABCIS teaches the National Curriculum of England and Wales, and is the only school in HCM to do this throughout the whole school.
The British School (BIS) actually uses the International Curriculum in their primary section.
Dillo

Re: Alphabet School Vietnam and Interview Advice!

Post by Dillo »

Just wondering if there was any up to date knowledge on the ABC school? They are recruiting currently and would like to be as informed as possible for an application.

Thanks