Germany

PsyGuy

Germany

Post by PsyGuy »

Ok looking for help settle in an argument. Which school do you think is the best in Germany? Me I think it's IS Frankfurt? Any others?
seinfeld

Post by seinfeld »

IS Duesseldorf is a solid school
calciodirigore

Post by calciodirigore »

Munich International School has amazing facilities, very experienced staff, excellent IB scores, an amazing MYP programme and an endless supply of dosh for PD and other such things. It is also one of the pioneers of 1:1 with Apple Macs - when I was there we had several top tier schools from Asia on PD trips to see how we integrated tech into teaching and learning.

I wouldn't go back, but as far as schools in Europe go, there probably aren't many better.
tommypizza

Post by tommypizza »

Depends on what you want. Frankfurt is probably the biggest and pay is good but not the most interesting city. Munich must be great but I can't really speak to that...living in Bavaria would be awesome but I've heard the pay isn't the greatest. Hamburg is in a new building, duesseldorf is solid. Berlin is an incredible city with Berlin brandenburg as an up n coming school. If you want something a little quirky but fun and crazy at times, then JFK is cool for a few years. I would have to say that Berlin is the best city to live in but there again, it depends. Lots of good choices in Germany and I hope to finish my career there.
PsyGuy

OK

Post by PsyGuy »

So what Im really looking for here is what everyones vote is for "BEST". If you HAD to pick one what would it be?
tommypizza

Post by tommypizza »

Then I would have to say Frankfurt is indeed the best school. I have worked in Europe for 7 years and have travelled To many schools in Germany due to coaching. Munich and Frankfurt compete at the highest level of int. euro sports. Frankfurt always took us to a nice microbrewery when our teams would visit....just coaches, not players haha! It's probably a close call between Munich and frankfurt. Next discussion might be about lifestyle in Germany. As a whole, I think the lifestyle in Germany is the best in Europe...although Scandinavians are my favorite people.