Recruiters and the Search files

upintheair

Recruiters and the Search files

Post by upintheair »

As the hiring season begins to wind down, and schools become more urgent over their "hard to fill" spots, will recruiters become more likely to sift through our profiles on Search and contact potential candidates?

After weeks of contacting schools through the Search database, I wonder if, shall you say, this is a two way street.
PsyGuy

Complicated

Post by PsyGuy »

Thats a complicated answer. There are schools (mostly third tier) that are ALWAYS recruiting. In my experience in the rest of the international school world, heads dont so much actively pursue candidates, such as cold/blind invitations out of the blue. What happens is they are likely to revisit the pool of applicants that have already applied, and approach those candidates more with a "who can get the job done" instead of the "wheres my perfect teacher" approach. As school winds down and schools discover last minute "non returning" faculty they can be motivated to find someone quickly. The reality is simply that by the time spring comes around the top candidate teachers are already gone, and by summer there isnt much of anyone desirable left, and a school needs to staff its classrooms...

You see more of the cold/blind invites from school more during a fair your attending, when your there, and they are there and they want to interview you.

Personally, i think it would be a mistake to just "wait" for them to recognize what a great teacher you are and contact you... This is still very much a teacher pursues the school game.