Frisco outlook...??

Yankdude

Frisco outlook...??

Post by Yankdude »

Is it me - or do the schools attending San Francisco and accompanying pay look rather meak? I am not holding my breath and am rather disappointed in myself for not insisting on an invite to Cambridge. Lesson learned I guess. Just curious what everyone else thinks.
camiguinpiper

Post by camiguinpiper »

I agree! Of course many of the schools we were excited about are now not even coming. I have noticed that the jobs are still posted on their site so maybe they have yet to remove them or they have some many applicants they don't feel the need to show up at the fair.

We are looking at it as a way to network and get interviewing experience.

Good luck to you!
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

Attending the fair for recruiters is expensive. When I went to Sydney it was almost $7000 for one person.

They are looking pretty meek, its only worthwhile for a school to go if they have substantial vacancies to fill, or their school/region is difficult to hire for. ISS is over now, so the schools are going to sort through what they have and hire from those piles. I think a fair is a great opportunity to network, and interview with schools you like but may not have a vacancy for you now. Im sorry but the reality is there are going to be a lot of people sitting around the fair with very little to do.
Yankdude

Post by Yankdude »

Yeah - I agree.... I may end up bagging out on Sunday and going to see Alcatraz (always wanted to see) LOL. Seems like it has been a rather odd year for recruitment/hiring. I am personally holding out hope for SAS in Singapore. Waiting on that call back. Should it come before the flight leaves for SFO I may just bag it all together.
PsyGuy

Respect

Post by PsyGuy »

I hear you, but can you respect that I have professional liability and consequences here. If you look back at the earlier posts I wrote before the fair, you can read the "unusual" scenario as it began.
Search

Post by Search »

My name is Nick Kendell and I run the Aus/NZ branch of Search Associates. Part of my responsibilities are to run the Sydney Fair.

With this in mind I believe some facts are worth noting:

There are currently three schools from Denmark registered with Search Associates. None of these schools were invited nor did they officially apply for, or attend the Sydney Fair this year.

Any comments relating to the Sydney Fair from persons claiming they are administrators in Denmark should therefore be seen as a non factual representation of events that took place before, during or after the fair.

If people from this forum are interested in facts regarding the Sydney Fair, I would be happy to share these via email correspondence. I believe this would be a more appropriate venue for discussions of this nature.

My email address can be found on the Search Associates website.
PsyGuy

Humm

Post by PsyGuy »

That's "convenient" and if read carefully is technically correct.
PsyGuy

Not really worried

Post by PsyGuy »

No I was there, and I'm sure search and "Nick" would like to talk, but that's not going to happen. I mean what he said was very carefully and technically true. There will be people on this board who are smart enough and followed this forum enough to figure out the events and scenario.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

Keep thinking that....