Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3...

PsyGuy

Missing a lot

Post by PsyGuy »

I was just giving A (single) defining example within the same geographical location. I wouldnt disagree with any of your groupings, and we just have a different naming convention (elite vs. sub tier 3).
Rhaegar Targaryen

Post by Rhaegar Targaryen »

Thank you, everyone, for the concrete examples/comparisons.

Very helpful!
grateful2

S. Korea

Post by grateful2 »

Does anyone have examples/comparisons for schools in South Korea?
ichiro

Post by ichiro »

deleted
Last edited by ichiro on Fri May 04, 2012 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
vettievette

Post by vettievette »

I wouldn't count the % of local students or 1 dominating foreign student group as necessarily a negative. Most schools (like mine for example) in a remote post have this issue even if they are the official school that all the UN embassy employee children attend/US Department of State supported school.

What you have to really look at is how the school is addressing this - are they willing to think outside of the box to tackle "lostintranslation" type issues?

Furthermore - I agree with the other posters - most students attending an int'l school are looking to get into European or US universities. After speaking to our college counselor - the process really isn't that much different from the States and you learn a lot on the go. The real difficulty is often times dealing with students/parents who have an inflated image of themselves (ie. low to middling grades and applying to Harvard)... ;)
Rhaegar Targaryen

Post by Rhaegar Targaryen »

Just want to let y'all know--

Everything worked out. Now, I am just waiting on the work visa to be approved so I can pick it up at the consulate.

Thank you to everyone!