Best International School in Singapore

marcon

Post by marcon »

We are 63 and still teaching in International Schools ...
Roundtrip

Post by Roundtrip »

That's wonderful to hear. Could you share with me a few names of schools that hire older teachers? Did you get your jobs at a fair or on your own? I just don't have the money to go to a fair. Thank you.
fke

Post by fke »

International School of Panama hires older teachers. The year I was hired, they had (new that year) at least 5 or 6 teachers in their 50s and 60s...as well as younger teachers.
migratingbird

Post by migratingbird »

Has anyone heard anything about St Joseph's school (the elementary, not the high school)? I know it's only been open a few years but can't seem to find anything on it??? Thanks.
Rhaegar Targaryen

Stamford American International School

Post by Rhaegar Targaryen »

Speaking of international schools in Singapore--does anyone have anything to say about Stamford American International School?
gr8teach

Post by gr8teach »

I thought the Canadian school had a very good reputation-- top 4 or 5? True or False?
PsyGuy

Middle

Post by PsyGuy »

Id say 3. They have minor problems, but they can be frustrating problems. I havent heard anything BAD, just nothing anyone brags about. When you ask about them you hear a lot of "theyre OK".
Rhaegar Targaryen

Post by Rhaegar Targaryen »

Thanks for the explanation, RobSg.
seinfeld

Post by seinfeld »

Canadian just moved to a fantastic new campus too this year.
migratingbird

Post by migratingbird »

I'd like to revive this thread as I'm currently looking into Singapore. Was wondering if anyone had any further info on Nexus as I know it's undergone quite a few changes recently. There's nothing on the review site about it. I have a trailing spouse and a daughter so would like to know which schools provide a decent enough package for us to survive on. Also, are there any more new schools opening up that are worth looking into? Cheers!
Snowbeavers

Post by Snowbeavers »

Stay away from SAS right now. Since the Director has taken over, my friends who work there the morale is at an all time low. Teachers and admin have been fired, benefits have been taken away, etc.
justlooking

Post by justlooking »

There is a new school opening there called GEMS World Academy. Any information?
Snowbeavers

Post by Snowbeavers »

[quote="justlooking"]There is a new school opening there called GEMS World Academy. Any information?[/quote]

Huge multinational company, for-profit and starting up next year (still building campus). Take that for what it is worth.
migratingbird

Post by migratingbird »

Have there been any jobs advertised at GEMS yet? Nothing on the website - wondered if they'd been advertised in Singapore itself? Any other schools you have the inside scoop on, Snowbeavers?