COIS London Fair Invitations

Lagniappe

COIS London Fair Invitations

Post by Lagniappe »

Hello all!

I'm registered with COIS to go to the London fair in January. Still have not received an invitation to the fair - has anyone else gotten one? They are not responding to my emails either.

Thanks for any input.

Lagniappe
PsyGuy

Well

Post by PsyGuy »

How long ago did you request your invite??? What are your qualifications? Honestly, they move pretty fast...
Lagniappe

Post by Lagniappe »

I had to reregister since I already had a file with them and had since moved to another school. I got an email confirmation that my file had been updated (I'm assuming with the latest letter of recommendation) and that I would receive an invitation with the next automated batch of invitations that went out.

Emailed them a couple of days ago and have not gotten a response yet.

I know they moved so they have been a little slow on a couple of things in the last few weeks - I'm just wondering about this one.

Lagniappe
PsyGuy

Mine

Post by PsyGuy »

Mine arrived the next day after requesting it. Dont know if I was just lucky and it was close to "auto invite time", but they dont have a large database to manage. Was everything alright with your last position and reference? Are you no longer employed? At this time of year, they should have no later then a week turn around time on invitations, and they should be responding to your email within 24 hours normally, 48 hours max.
Lagniappe

Post by Lagniappe »

I checked my file with COIS and it says 'accepted' - whatever that means. I am working now and have all my references in - have always had good references but have had some problems where I am now so I'm beginning to wonder how the latest reference turned out.

I'll call them tomorrow to find out what's going on - it seems that they would tell me if I had been rejected for some reason.

Thanks for the input - will keep you posted.
Lagniappe

Post by Lagniappe »

Got my invitation last week - they are apparently a little behind with the work load.
PsyGuy

Follow up

Post by PsyGuy »

Glad it wasnt something serious, good luck at the fair.