For those in Thailand, what would it take for you to leave?

inman

For those in Thailand, what would it take for you to leave?

Post by inman »

For those currently in Thailand, I sincerely hope that the floods aren't having too much of a negative impact on your lives. All the best to you.

It does seem that it's been one thing after another in Bangkok, year in year year out. There was SARS, the tsunami, at least 2 political coups, 2 bloody uprisings with tanks on the streets, SARS, Bird Flu, the now the mass floods. Don't you guys living there worry? Do you find yourself planning year to year or do you want to stay longer no matter what? How much does the health of a particularly influential figure there concern you, and does you have a contingency plan? Do you feel that you need one? (I understand you aren't allowed to write about the person directly but I think you know who I mean). Ultimately, what would it take for you to leave?

Cheers,

Inman
ExpatGuy

Post by ExpatGuy »

I am sorry but this question is absurd.

What would it take teachers in Japan to leave? Do they have to end up looking like Gumby?

How many 'Arab Springs' would it take for teachers in the Middle East to leave?

How many threats by N. Korea would it take for teachers in South Korea to leave?

How many default threats by Greece would it take for teachers in Greece and Eastern Europe to leave?

People come to Thailand for the culture, food, people and overall quality of life. Disasters come and go. Mai pen rai. It doesnt change anything.