info on Al Sahwa School, Oman ?

missy

info on Al Sahwa School, Oman ?

Post by missy »

I have read all of the reviews, including the most recent one posted for 2011 for Al Sahwa School in Oman.
None of them are very good.
It seems that the main complaint is administration.
Does anyone have more recent information
about this school ?
Have things improved ?
What is housing like ?
Salary ?
movealot

Post by movealot »

I don't have any info on this school, but I really don't understand why PsyGuy needs to leave this unneeded reply to simple questions. I've worked in three international schools and have not left reviews. If someone asks similar questions about these schools I may post a reply and may even contact friends at the schools to get fresh information.

PsyGuy you leave good information about 50% of the time, but you really lack basic social manners. Maybe you should stick to facts and lesson your opinions as they are not really aligned with a majority of viewers frame of thinking.
heyteach

Re: info on Al Sahwa School, Oman ?

Post by heyteach »

[quote="missy"]I have read all of the reviews, including the most recent one posted for 2011 for Al Sahwa School in Oman.
None of them are very good.
It seems that the main complaint is administration.
Does anyone have more recent information
about this school ?
Have things improved ?
What is housing like ?
Salary ?[/quote]

I'm a new hire at Al Sawah. So far, we've just had a couple of meetings of orientation, but the admin seems positive and sincere in making change for the better. Housing can be in a brand new building outside the main city (about 10-15 minutes ride to shops) or older housing closer in. Package seems pretty good.

While I agree that the reviews on the site for most schools skew toward the negative, PsyGuy's unnecessarily belligerent tone--while typical for him--was not warranted.
missy

Post by missy »

Thanks movealot and hey teach for the support and the updates....

You are both correct- there are some people who come on this forum just to state things they barely know anything about.

I look forward to hearing more about Al Sahwa school.
heyteach

Post by heyteach »

Missy, I'm looking forward to learning more, as well! Our visas were handled very efficiently and were waiting at the airport upon arrival. Someone meets you at the airport and takes you immediately to your accommodations. The school has guided us through the procedures to get our residency cards and medical exams (which were free). They hosted an iftar dinner (the traditional feast to break the daily fast during Ramadan) at a gorgeous restaurant. And they feed us well in the cafeteria! It seems a number of foreign hires stay on for quite a while, which I take as a good sign.
Fraisinette

Post by Fraisinette »

Hi ,

I dug this thread up from quite a while ago. Any words of wisdom on Al Sahwa would be appreciated. Also would like to know how your dependents found / find the school. It has a large local students population.

TIA!
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

Its a third tier school, its also in the ME, expect everything that goes along with being in the ME. You have to be a mercenary to go to the ME, its got to be about the money/savings for you. The student body is almost exclusively nationals (staff kids are the exception).
heyteach

Post by heyteach »

Fraisinette, I have sent you a PM.
onemetaldog

Post by onemetaldog »

Hey heyteach!

I'm in the same situation as Fraisinette. Can you send me a pm with info on Al Sahwa? I'd really appreciate it!
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@onemetaldog

PMs are not enabled on the forum. A user can add contact info in their profile to allow other users to contact them outside the forum and off site, the member you inquired of has not added such contact information.