AAS St Petersburg

opmichayl

AAS St Petersburg

Post by opmichayl »

Hello,

Does anyone know what the situation is like at the AAS in St Petersburg right now? There are no recent reviews for the school itself.

Looking forward to any replies!

o
mantissa

Post by mantissa »

It a great school. The principal is very supportive and helpful. Accommodation is beautiful and right down town. The only negative thing is the weather. It get very cold and dark in winter, however, summers are great - not too hot and white nights. Saint Petersburg is an amazing city and I definitely recommend it.
opmichayl

Post by opmichayl »

Thank you!
mantissa

Post by mantissa »

If you decide to go there send me your email I can put you in touch with a few friends over there. It will make your life much easier
opmichayl

Post by opmichayl »

mantissa!!!! You are soooo kind!!!! Thank you so much! I will definitely do that if I end up there!
All the best!
o
Crgallen22

Post by Crgallen22 »

The situation is great in St. Petersburg at the moment. We are crossing our fingers that we will be moving into our new building over winter break. Due to the beautiful city, great package, and excellent staff, admin, and students, there are no openings for next year.
PsyGuy

???

Post by PsyGuy »

There are 18 vacancies listed at AAS for fall 2012.
Crgallen22

Post by Crgallen22 »

Those vacancies are at the Moscow campus, not St. Petersburg.
kleikm

where are they listed

Post by kleikm »

I looked on their website and didn't see anything?
PsyGuy

If you say so

Post by PsyGuy »

The posts are on Search, and none of the positions specify which campus, and there isnt anything on the schools website that would indicate they are only at the Moscow campus, but since your there, I imagine your in the know.
kleikm

deadlines

Post by kleikm »

do schools post deadlines or is it first come first serve?
PsyGuy

Some do

Post by PsyGuy »

Many schools have deadlines, and its never first come first serve. Most schools post vacancies, accept applications and either do ongoing interviews until the position is filled, or typically make the majority of their hiring decisions after either the Bangkok fair, or the Cambridge fair. Most of the elite schools have their application deadline in early December.
kleikm

Post by kleikm »

Maybe I am doing doing something wrong? When I login to Search, they do not show the deadline only the posting.
PsyGuy

Sorry

Post by PsyGuy »

I dont know if they have a deadline specifically. Normally schools post their application deadline on their website.