APU International School--Ho Chi Minh City

WEEN

APU International School--Ho Chi Minh City

Post by WEEN »

Any thoughts about this school?
natalielenina

Post by natalielenina »

Hi Ween,

I was looking at this school too. They have a lot of job openings, so I wonder if that means a lot of teachers recently left or they are expanding.

I looked at the school website and the staff seems to be a mix of qualified and unqualified teachers. I was particularly looking at the ESL/ELD teachers (that's what I teach), and none of the teachers seem to have anymore than a random B.A. + random TEFL certification course.

Try this website...some of the reviews are old...and not so good. Perhaps it's changed since then.

http://www.saigonesl.com/forum/viewforu ... 151cba8804

Natalie
season4greatness

Post by season4greatness »

The website is under construction. I am unable to locate any teacher reviews - old or new.
season4greatness

APU International Schools in Vietnam

Does anyone have any current information about this school?
Current Openings on their website suggests that they may be expanding, althought that may not be the case.

The www.saigonesl.com forum is under construction so I can not access teacher reviews about this school.
calciodirigore

Post by calciodirigore »

Of the 15 or so international schools in town, this one is definitely in the bottom 3 or so.

Even if you have not been teaching internationally (or at all), I would look elsewhere.

Good Luck.
season4greatness

calciodirigore

The interview is for a summer school position at APU in Vietnam.
PsyGuy

Temporary

Post by PsyGuy »

If you had nothing else to do, and it was JUST for the summer, and you had somewhere better to go at the end of summer it might be bearable. Summer programs arent like the traditional school year, but youd really have to have nothing better to do.