Lots of jobs for Canadian teachers in China

Rangifer

Lots of jobs for Canadian teachers in China

Post by Rangifer »

FYI sounds like Mapleleaf education (Dalian, Wuhan etc)will be doing plenty of hiring this year. They pay around 44K to start and the cost of living in China is reportedly low, thus making good savings possible. Some of the physical plant sounds a bit challenging over there, but from what I hear they are reputable. BC certification required, but getting certified in a new province is much easier these days.

My research suggests that China might be the place to save money, as the cost of living in the Gulf states is going up.
Overhere

Post by Overhere »

You can definitely save money in China, but be warned that the cost of living has gone up-officially by about 5% but unofficially at closer to 10. Travel can also be expensive in China if you want to get anywhere fast.
Chinuk

Post by Chinuk »

Beware of jumping into a Mapleleaf school without doing your homework. Just because it SAYS it uses a BC curriculum does not mean it has more than a passing resemblance to a BC school.
westcoaster

Post by westcoaster »

I've been in contact with Maple Leaf Schools in China and am interested in getting some more information about this organization. I would love to hear from teachers that have taught or are teaching at one of their schools. The salary sounds good but I am wondering what the accommodation is like at either of these location. Any feedback would much appreciated especially from those who have brought their families with them.