American School Dubai - lots of vacancies

goinplaces

American School Dubai - lots of vacancies

Post by goinplaces »

There are over 35 vacancies listed at UNI for the American School Dubai. Any idea why the number is so high? It's usually not a good sign.

Thanks!
buffalofan

Post by buffalofan »

I was wondering about this myself. I applied via email and their online application on their website, but have heard nothing so far except for a generic 'thank you for your application' email. I hope I can interview with them at UNI, especially since American School Doha recently canceled.
goinplaces

Post by goinplaces »

I learmed from a response to my other post ("Dubai") that ASD's enrollment increased from 900 to 1500 last year. We also emailed and applied on their website but have heard nothing. ASD is one of our top choices, so we really hope to get an interview with them at UNI.

Wow! American School Doha did cancel--another one of our top choices. I hope there are no more cancelations and that everyone makes it to UNI safely with the blizzard and all.
buffalofan

Post by buffalofan »

That is good news about AS Dubai. Increasing enrollment = more jobs. I'm guessing that AS Doha filled all their positions at the January fairs.

What I have heard about the blizzard is that it will be over by the end of tuesday and is not going to hit Iowa particularly hard anyway. Unless you are flying out today I think it will be ok. See you in the AS Dubai line.
Pike

Post by Pike »

ASD has expanded its enrollment. They just completed building a larger facility, so they need teachers for the larger enrollment of students.

ASD is probably the best school in all of the middle east, except maybe the American College of Cairo.