Bangkok Patana School

LondonChick

Bangkok Patana School

Post by LondonChick »

Has anyone applied there this year?
Has anyone heard anything?
Anyone has past experience of their application system?

Deadline was Monday 11th Jan and they said they would contact people by the 21st if successful... wonder if I got anywhere with that one...

Their website looks great and the school is so beautiful... *sigh*
aussiechick

Post by aussiechick »

Hi Londonchick. I applied to Bangkok Patana too (sounds like we're interested in the same kind of schools). So far, all I've had is a generic reply saying they'll be shortlisting the week beginning 16th Jan, so hopefully we'll hear something before the fair.
LondonChick

Post by LondonChick »

OK, Aussiechick, thanks a lot. No reason to despair yet, then :)
Let's keep each other in the loop. I'll probably see you in a queue at the fair!
durianfan

Post by durianfan »

I applied last year and didn't hear anything. I spoke to Jackie Houghton at the fair but she said that they (like many schools) are looking for IB experienced teachers.

I also spoke to a few people who work there - they say that they really care about test scores and it is a very British school (apparently there are pictures of the Queen everywhere).
LondonChick

Post by LondonChick »

Thanks Durianfan, that's useful to know. I have IB experience and have been trained in the British system, so hopefully it will work in my favour...

There are so many replies due to come this week, it's going to be nerve wracking!

Fingers crossed!
misskiwi

Post by misskiwi »

Haha LondonChick, I also applied to Patana!! I'll keep you posted if I hear anything (but like ESF, I'm not holding my breath)...great school by all accounts!!
LondonChick

Post by LondonChick »

That's funny, misskiwi! We might end up in the same school if we're both very lucky :)
misskiwi

Post by misskiwi »

Awww LondonChick, I'll keep my fingers crossed!!!

Have you heard anything yet?? The email I got from them said they'd start interviewing today (!)
aussiechick

Post by aussiechick »

We've obviously got the same email, misskiwi. Yes, it says they'll be interviewing in Bangkok from the 18th to 20th, and in London from the 24th. So I would imagine that any interviews they're doing now would be of local candidates. Anyway, I haven't heard anything from them yet (although I'd better check my spam folder again!)
LondonChick

Post by LondonChick »

I haven't heard anything from them and I never received the email you both got. Weird!
Maybe a good sign for you girls?
LondonChick

Post by LondonChick »

Any news from Patana, anyone?
We're getting closer to the deadline for them to contact people and I'm getting a bit anxious!
aussiechick

Post by aussiechick »

I've heard nothing, so you're not alone.
Spod

Post by Spod »

This school I didn't even bother applying to! I just accepted that my 2 (IB) experience wasn't going to be enough. It is one of the top paying schools and as it's in Thailand it is very, very popular. Apparently they get hundreds of applications. I have known people far more experience than me, with Master degree, excellent references to not even get short listed. Unless very, very lucky I wouldn't have high hopes.
misskiwi

Post by misskiwi »

Well, at least we can all be rejects together :)
LondonChick

Post by LondonChick »

Hm, I guess we've missed the boat for that one girls...
Hope we get more success at the fair!