Yew Chung International Schools

tdaley26

helen

Post by tdaley26 »

Yes helen, that is true.
lifeisnotsobad

Post by lifeisnotsobad »

@tdaley26,

I can't imagine too many people will be making decisions based upon higgsbosom's posts. This is someone whose moral code is (apparently) too offensive to publish...

I have no doubt that he has been fired a few times in his 'career' which would explain the hatred for admin. However, there is a certain irony in the fact that he openly admits that he is the worst member of staff that any school could hope for, and yet brands those who don't fire him as 'useless'.
tdaley26

Post by tdaley26 »

@life.....

Yes, I can see that now. Thanks!!
IAMBOG

Post by IAMBOG »

I think those Higgy posts from a while ago are stuck in most of regular reader's minds. I certainly have forgotten them and I wasn't involved.
higgsboson

Post by higgsboson »

The cheerleaders are out in force today, a whole squad of tight ***** little cheerleaders cheering on the the useless YCIS admin as they walk the halls with legal pad in hand trying to look busy before they go and hide in their office. God only knows what unspeakable acts they commit in there but whatever they do, it isn't work. Busy work maybe but not real work; probably the most they do is rubber stamp whatever document their Chinese bosses put in front of them.

However, in my opinion, and just so its clear: if you want an easy job with decent pay and benefits and well behaved students in a city where the women are ever sooo easy then YCIS - Shanghai is for you.

Never the less, YCIS admin are useless ******** ***** noses who clearly know where their bread is buttered and lack the ***** to standup to their Chinese bosses. They are figure heads. I'm guessing that as part of the vetting process, any applicant for an admin position at YCIS whose **** is larger than 3 inches does not make it onto the short list.
gbr1964

ycis

Post by gbr1964 »

@tdaley

Hello and thanks for all your input. Can I ask how you went about applying at this school? Was it through the website or some other avenue? Thanks again.
tdaley26

Post by tdaley26 »

I was contacted through TIE. But other teachers here were recruited at fairs,through Search and also by directly applying on the foundation website
tdaley26

Post by tdaley26 »

There just seems to be so many schools in Shanghai that choosing where to apply is far from easy.

I'd really appreciate any perspectives on Shanghai's top 5?

Also, any thoughts on best PYP schools there?

Finally, what's the money really like there? I often hear about how China is booming and that's the place to be, but for money is it really all that? What's the minimum that an experienced teacher should be aiming for in a relatively decent school there?

It's quite a few years since I was in Beijing and I hadn't really thought of applying to China again, but I heard a lot of good things about Shanghai and have opened my mind to it.

Regards,

Inman

PsyGuy

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:45 pm Post subject: Comment
Shanghai American School
British International School
Dulwich
Shanghai Community International School
Yew Chung

WIS (Western International School of Shanghai) is pretty new, there a clone attempt of WAB.

So, In october, psy guy lists Yew Chung as one of the best 5 in Shanghai.... and in january he changes his mind? Or is the real truth that he simply doesn't know what he's talking about and can't even keep his own stories straight?

You decide!
sevarem

Post by sevarem »

I have some friends who worked at YC Qingdao for a bit. They hated it and didn't renew their contracts, but at the same time, everything they said about it corroborates with everything tdaley26 has said.

And while these weren't teachers, some of my students attended YC Beijing for a while. Their parents seemed very happy with the school.

I think it's a bit... dodgy that the school doesn't pay for dependent health insurance or flights, and for that reason, I'd be hesitant to take a job there. But it hardly sounds like the nightmare some have painted it to be. For what it's worth, YC Shanghai really does sound like the best of the bunch.
Last edited by sevarem on Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Helen Back

Post by Helen Back »

But as TDaley confirmed, they pay a $300 family allowance. $3600 a year must cover the bulk of the extras needed for a family (additional flights and insurance).
tommypizza

Re: Yew Chung International Schools

Post by tommypizza »

Any new updates on Yew Chung Shanghai Gubei campus? I think there has been some change in admin...what's going on there now? Any info on their sport facilities?
Reu

Re: Yew Chung International Schools

Post by Reu »

Moderator has removed this post

We appreciate your participation in the ISR OPEN FORUM but clearly ask that you not post or request evaluation type information about schools, be it from a positive or negative perspective. You can see the details of our guidelines at the following URL

http://internationalschoolsreview.com/v ... ?f=7&t=306

The MEMBER FORUM (located in the MEMBER area of the web site) is expressly for posting a request for evaluation type material about schools.

The MEMBER FORUM can be reached at the following link.

https://www.internationalschoolsreview. ... ers/forum/

You may request on this forum that someone post a review or comment on the MEMBER FORUM for you.

Your cooperation is much appreciated.

Regards,

Ben @ ISR
PsyGuy

Moderation

Post by PsyGuy »

@Reu

Evaluation type posts are not permitted in the public forum. These types of discussions are limited and restricted to the member forum.