Yew Chung International Schools

PsyGuy

Maybe

Post by PsyGuy »

What this poster may be saying is they would have liked to stay, but they cant adapt to the particular culture/environment of the school, and they cant stay because the administration recognizes the uncompromisable fit and decided not to renew the contract. The poster is attempting to identify a primary factor in why the work relationship didnt work out.
Traveller1

Post by Traveller1 »

A couple of things, the post about contract non-renewal seems to be a mix of things. Yew Chung offers only 2 year contracts although there is a 'get out' clause from the second contract on. So is the poster leaving after 3 years or staying for their 4th? The poster mentioned a health issue being at the heart of the contract non-renewal. It doesn't sound like a 'best or poor fit' situation, nor about rocking the boat or keeping your head down.
tdaley26

more questions

Post by tdaley26 »

anyone else have info on this school, I have interviewed twice with them over the past week and I think I may be offered a spot in the next day or two. I need to know what to ask, what to look out for etc.
PsyGuy

Sorry

Post by PsyGuy »

They dont have a great reputation, sorry. At least your going into it knowing that. Sometimes a jobs just that a job.
stellalocal

Re: more questions

Post by stellalocal »

[quote="tdaley26"]anyone else have info on this school, I have interviewed twice with them over the past week and I think I may be offered a spot in the next day or two. I need to know what to ask, what to look out for etc.[/quote]

The guy I know in Shanghai (primary) has no problems there. Says it can be hard work and the parents can be demanding but I think that's common anywhere. Which one are you thinking of? Speaking to him it sounded like many other international schools, they might make decisions you're not happy with but it's easy enough to get on and do your job. And the money's decent enough. I've heard similar things about Hong Kong but there's not so much team teaching there.
tdaley26

???

Post by tdaley26 »

I interviewed with the school in Pudong (Shanghai).
tdaley26

employed!!!!

Post by tdaley26 »

Well, I got the job!!!..... wish me luck.
PsyGuy

YAY

Post by PsyGuy »

Was there any specific kind of luck you wanted, or just luck in general? I guess it really doesn't matter, I've always found that good luck and bad luck balance each other out. The hard part is figuring out which one your getting.

I'm glad you got the job, and in celebration I wrote this post in correct form, which from me actually means a great deal. I will conclude with the traditional salutation, which I blatantly plagiarized: "May the odds forever be in your favor".
tdaley26

Post by tdaley26 »

I think the subtext of my post strongly implied that the variety of luck I am wishing for is good.

smartass 8)
tdaley26

Post by tdaley26 »

your kind wishes are appreciated nonetheless
PsyGuy

Confused

Post by PsyGuy »

Well since you already got the job, what do you need the good kind of luck for?
tdaley26

Re: Confused

Post by tdaley26 »

[quote="PsyGuy"]Well since you already got the job, what do you need the good kind of luck for?[/quote]

Getting the job is the easy part.
PsyGuy

Well

Post by PsyGuy »

Once somethings done its always easy afterward, it wasnt so easy a couple of weeks ago.
Let me suggest that the whole journey through life is a series of challenges, the ones we succeed at are easy relative to the challenges ahead.
tdaley26

any teachers here?

Post by tdaley26 »

Is there anyone on this board who teaches here?
tdaley26

freshening the post

Post by tdaley26 »

any one else headed to shanghai soon?