Jakarta - Sinarmas World Academy

Spod

Jakarta - Sinarmas World Academy

Post by Spod »

I'm looking for [i]any[/i] recent information on the school. The last ISR reviews have been very negative and am just wondering if this have changed at Sinarmas. Any help much appreciated :)
Spod

Post by Spod »

Anyone?
Spod

Post by Spod »

Just bumping up this thread yet again, in hope :?
gr8teach

Post by gr8teach »

I know John McBryde, the former director of WAB is the CEO there. He is often credited with creating the well respected culture at the Western Academy of Beijing. I'm not to sure of his involvement in the school but his connection bodes well.
pikefish

Post by pikefish »

Deleted
Last edited by pikefish on Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
wrldtrvlr123

Post by wrldtrvlr123 »

[quote="pikefish"]It is a good school and a good place to start one's international career. SWA tends to have a young faculty who stay for a few years and moves on to the "big" schools. There are two other schools in Jakarta (BIS and JIS) that are bit more desirable in terms of package and prestige, but Sinarmis is absolutely making a name for itself. Maybe worst part of the school is its location in BSD City- a "suburb" of Jakarta. BSD is suited more for familes as there is nothing much happening out there. Those who like nightlife and/or want to get out and meet other expats will be spending too much time in their car or taxi traveling to the more happening parts of Jakarta.

FWIW- Jakarta is what Jakarta is. Do your research before signing a contract. Some people absolutely love Jakarta...some cannot wait to leave.

I hope that helps.[/quote]

I know some exceptional teachers and professionals have recently left WAB and other schools to go join the faculty there. So, they must have faith that things are moving in the right direction there.