Good experiences in Doha?

teacherbeth

Good experiences in Doha?

Post by teacherbeth »

hello,

I'm wondering if anyone can share a good experience in Doha with me? I'm looking into ASD at the moment. We're a Canadian teaching couple with two school-aged children.

Thanks so much. :)

Beth
Hilltop

ASD Doha

Post by Hilltop »

A super school on the whole. Probably one of the best in Qatar. Professionally run with superb facilities and respect for all. I have not worked there but know people who have and parents too.
teacherbeth

Thanks!

Post by teacherbeth »

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it. The othe one I'm looking into is Qatar Academy in Doha. It gets pretty mixed reviews but the latest ones look good...I'm going to be an expert in schools of the middle east before I'm through with all this! :)

beth
Hilltop

Post by Hilltop »

Yes, mixed reports but wonderful facilities, curriculum is established, staff development in place and systems and procedures are there too. Certainly worth considering.
the Hippo

ASD

Post by the Hippo »

Yes, the American School of Doha has a good reputation. I have seen some of the facilities there for myself and they are pretty amazing! The school has managed to get some hefty coporate sponsorship and the benefits are there for all to see. The fees are fairly horrendous, it has to be said, but then again I am just an underpaid Brit, so of course "American" salaries always look huge to me.
puka2

Post by puka2 »

One of the schools there does not guaranty placement for staff kids and some staff send there kids (at thier own expense) to the other school.
I think this is the ¨"other school" but just in case I would ask.