American Overseas School Rome

LRM0712

American Overseas School Rome

Post by LRM0712 »

Can anyone tell me anything about American Overseas School of Rome? I cannot find any posts at all about the school. I have looked and cannot find good or bad comments- none. There are no reviews of the school either.

The current director has been there 7 years, of course the pay is not great for Italy and there is no housing. Their turnover doesn't seem to be high so I am thinking it must be pretty good. And also, they have been around since 1947.

Any input, comments, please.

Thank you
Candycane

Post by Candycane »

Italy has a lot of foreigners married to Italians. I would ask how many foreign hires were at the school. Chances are....the school is one of a few decent gigs in town for the local hires. Hence, no reviews on here.

Make sure you make at least 40K Euro annually (you shouldn't have to pay taxes for 2 yrs if your country has a tax exempt agreement). Otherwise, you will be struggling. Salary may be good for local hires as they often have more than one income. If you have to pay taxes, that will be around 35% of your income. That will make life a struggle!

Good Luck!
kcaplicki

?

Post by kcaplicki »

Were you offered the HS English position at the American Overseas School of Rome by Dr. Pfannl?