International schools using the BC curriculum

westcoaster

International schools using the BC curriculum

Post by westcoaster »

Hi all,

I'm interested in finding out more information about the international schools in China (Maple Leaf schools), Thailand, Egypt, and South Korea that use the BC curriculum. I'd love to hear whether any of them are good schools to work at.

(I'm currently working on my B.Ed in BC, Canada which is why I am interested in this type of school.)
markholmes

Post by markholmes »

Most of them are local internationals, meaning they cater to the local elite not ex-pats.

My wife recently met someone who had worked at the Cairo school for a year. She seems to have enjoyed. She went there right out of her B.Ed.

I also have a word document with bits and pieces I have gleaned about Maple Leaf (some hard searching of forums and such). Email me if you want me to send it (I emailed you a while back, so you should have my email - if not write yours again).

I also started a thread on ISR a while back about Maple Leaf. I was briefly corresponding with someone who still works there. Do a search.
westcoaster

Post by westcoaster »

Hi Mark,

Thank you for replying to my post. I just sent you an email. Any information would be much appreciated. :)

I also found your old posts and they were very useful.

Thanks again.

-k
Overhere

Post by Overhere »

I have a friend working in admin at the Maple Leaf school in Dalian. They seem to be enjoying their time there but are retired so money isn't an issue. The kids sound friendly, the campus, or at least where they are working is new, resources can be scarce and sometimes it sounds like profit is driving the decision making. All of that is second hand so take it for what it is worth.
the Hippo

BC

Post by the Hippo »

BC stands for "British Curriculum", I assume?
Overhere

Post by Overhere »

British Columbian
kearns

Complete Listing Updated Jan 2011

Post by kearns »

Westcoaster,

Please find a complete list of schools accredited to offer BC curriculum here:

http://www.bced.gov.bc.ca/offshore_scho ... s_list.pdf

Cheers[/url][/code]