Should I stay or should I go?

PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Thames Pirate

More @Thames Pirate bunk. Thats not entirely true either, if it was, those lower tier leadership would say heres a three contract or a five year contract, take it or leave it. Thats not the status quo.
Thames Pirate

Re: Should I stay or should I go?

Post by Thames Pirate »

Youknowthey could (depending on local visa and labor rules). They don't to be competitive and to protect themselves if the teacher is not good. Mostly to e competitive. There is no rule, though. But that is irrelevant; recruiters have the jobs and decide who gets them. OP, to get the job you want, figure out what the person giving the job wants in a candidate. So yes, listen to admin, even if you don't like their answer; then decide whether and how to apply it to your situation.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Thames Pirate

Yes, I know they could, that was my statement in my previous post. Two year contracts are no more protection over longer contracts. It is mostly to be competitive but why should competition matter if 100% of recruiting is entirely in the hands of recruiters and leadership, because its not 100%.
None of that has anything to do with the myth you have to do a third year, its just bunk. Listening to a recruiter and giving them the answers they want is irrelevant to the third year myth.