Application Advice

PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@tinopener

As @WT123 and I discussed if ET vacancies are "disappearing down the rabbit hole" there is a definite problem. Usually when an IT has this issue the memberships general approach is to request an IT attempt applying for ES vacancies in a differential ana1ysis. Youve already done that and in a hardship region as well.

You need to dissect your resume and application materials until you identify the problem by selectively altering your resume until you obtain a response from an ES/IS, starting with your most recent professional experience and working backwards until you get to your University training and tutors, then your personal references. Somewhere along that timeline is causing a red flag. You also need to:

1) Consult with the Teachers College and determine if there is a DT/IT with a similar or identical name as yours that is on any of the debarring lists. If there is get a CRB/DBS and include it in your application.

2) Scrub your social media, ensure there isnt anything compromising or your linked to anything compromising. I would recommend sanitizing anything by putting major access and read restrictions on any social media such as FB.

3) Google yourself and see if anything matching your name or close to it has been in the media recently that would be cause for rejection or concern.

4) Contact ISS and SA and ask if they are repping or have repped a candidate with similar identifiers as you. If there is ask very nicely for a letter of character, identifying that you are a different candidate. If true, It could be something bad or it could be that they have already signed a contract and arent available. A recruiter gets your application materials and then searches their agency database.

5) Apply for some vacancies outside the ME preferably ESOL vacancies if those are successful, there may be an individual with a similar or same name as you already in the ME and they have tarnished the name.

I would contact your College dean and education department and request a letter of good standing. The ISs may not know how far along your program is and when you intend to complete the program, a letter indicating an expected completion and credentialing date in the near future may incline them to take a chance with you.

Lastly, you need to be honest with yourself, if theres anything that would cause serious issue with your care of children such as a recent DUI/DWI, or criminal charges pending or that are recent, this may very well be the problem.
tinopener

Re: Application Advice

Post by tinopener »

Peaches - thanks, that's one of the places I have applied to and am waiting to hear back from.

Could you inbox me which company sent you the details. I'm using two well-known agencies at present, but broadening the scope never does any harm.

Thanks,
Last edited by tinopener on Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
peachestotulips

Re: Application Advice

Post by peachestotulips »

The email was from TeachAway, but I would use them AND Footprints if you want to try to work for ADEC. Also SeekTeachers and Joyjobs have many listings.