HELP!! NEW TO THIS NEED INFO ON ENGLISH MODERN SCHOOL

ctretton

HELP!! NEW TO THIS NEED INFO ON ENGLISH MODERN SCHOOL

Post by ctretton »

This is the third time I have posted on this website and really need some info on this school and living in Qatar. This is my first time teaching abroad and I want to be sure I am not getting duped. Thanks!!
Mike

Post by Mike »

We have been in Qatar for almost 2 years, but we are at one of the "better" schools.

We LOVE Qatar. Safe, tons of things to do, great place for kids! sporting events!

Our single friends struggle. Expensive hotel bars, not many single women, boring. There are a lot of poor workers from Nepal (etc).... And it is HOT in the summer!

Modern English School is a FOR profit school with lots of local kids. I don't know anyone who teaches there but it is one of many for-profit schools that bring in a lot of teachers who end up frustrated over pay, bad kids etc.. If you are young or new to teaching overseas this may be an OK place to start your career. Can you do two years at a so-so school?? Do you need all the comforts of home?

We have been teaching overseas for 18 years! And all in all its been great!

Good luck!!
ctretton

Thanks!!

Post by ctretton »

Thank you Mike...I appreciate the input. I am going to decline the offer and mainly because I think I can get better pay elsewhere.