Germany at 60

Roundtrip

Germany at 60

Post by Roundtrip »

I know this email will probably get bumped to the "over 50" site, but can anyone tell me if they know of anyone being hired at the age of 60 or older in Germany?
mbynum

over 60

Post by mbynum »

We just got back from Bangkok and there was some chat about age among us 50 and older crowd..I am not aware of what Germany may require but if you are with Search you can look the school up and see what it says on the data base info. It seems that it is all about getting the work visa before the age listed on Search...ie 59 right now and will not turn 60 until September you will probably be ok..I do know that Britain has a very low age limit and it is probably due to socialized health care.
Roundtrip

Germany at 60

Post by Roundtrip »

Thank you, Mbynum, I turned 60 in October, so I may have missed the boat on Germany. I had a Skype interview with Thai-Chinese International School back in early December. They said the director would contact me after the holidays, but I never heard from them. I have great credentials and 17 years experience. If you know of any Thai schools hiring, I'd love to contact them. I'm going to put in for retirement at the end of this school year and start over. It's time for a change. Taught in Austria back in the early 90's and loved it. Too bad my school went bankrupt and closed. You guys seemed to be enjoying your adventure. Oh, yes, I was with ISS, but let my membership expire. I may try Search later. Thanks for the suggestion.