Best schools in Europe

Snowbeavers

Best schools in Europe

Post by Snowbeavers »

So I'm thinking of leaving Asia, leaving behind all the big bucks and reclaim my soul I sold 7 years ago ;)

I would love to live in Europe and trying to suss out the best schools to work at in the best locations. I know all of this is very subjective though because everyone comes with different expectations and experiences. Nevertheless, I would like to hear about input (doesn't have to be first hand) about any of the following places to live and the quality of schools:
Netherlands (Hague or Amsterdam)
Brussels
Prague
Spain
Germany
Other?

Those are my shortlisted countries anyway. Chime in.
ichiro

Post by ichiro »

deleted
Last edited by ichiro on Sat May 05, 2012 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snowbeavers

Post by Snowbeavers »

[quote="ichiro"]Hi there S. Beav.,

Might I ask why you feel you've sold your soul in Asia? Asia is a pretty dang big chunk of the world, so hard to know where you're talking about, of course! But I've been in East Asia for a lot longer than 7 years...I don't think I've sold my soul...have I? In retrospect, it'd probably go for pretty cheap![/quote]

I can't speak for you but I did a stint in China and it certainly felt souless and that I gave it away for $$ and big packages that enticed me. Previously I was in S. America where I was so happy and felt truly connected to the culture but had no money :( So in a sense, I sold my soul for money and professional advancement.

I have yet to find a place in Asia where I feel like I could make decent money yet live in a culture that is vibrant and I feel I can be a part of.