Fleeing Korea

reisgio

Fleeing Korea

Post by reisgio »

That's the general sense every year, but this year it seems even more pronounced. Are ITs fleeing South Korea over fears of nuclear war or are they leaving working conditions and/or Korean quality of life that is/are worse than ever?
Conant

Re: Fleeing Korea

Post by Conant »

No and not sensing it's a primary reason people are leaving our school this year. Maybe secondary. I agree, things do seem a bit different than the usual crazy talk we're used to. Time will tell. In the meantime, I'm happy here. It's a nice place to live and work.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

Most of the talk is little more than talk within IE. I dont see an exodus from SK happening, at least not yet.
MrKamikazi

Post by MrKamikazi »

I'd be interested to know the reaction from teachers in Korean IS after Senator Graham's call for the removal of American military dependents.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@MrKamikazi

Nothing, well maybe a couple blinks and a comment or two, but the armed services and their dependents dont take orders from senators.
Conant

Post by Conant »

His comment was not a topic of conversation in the staff room.

But, if they did evacuate US military dependents, I suspect there would be a lot of nervous people in this country.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Conant

Tthere would be a lot of nervous people at all, a small minority that would take an early exit, but within IE it wouldnt mean very much. When they close and evacuate embassys/consulates and ISs start closing or extending holiday break times thats when there is something to worry about.