Emirates National School ENS

Candyapple

Emirates National School ENS

Post by Candyapple »

I know this has been posted on before but it so important to keep it up to date!

If you have been recruited to come to ENS, DO NOT GO!!!

This school is the most corrupt organisation I have ever encountered!

They cut pay with no warning.
They fire people with no warning or reason.
They promise the world to recruit people but then fail to deliver!!!
The (illegally) refuse to pay end of service benifits.
They blackmail staff.
They lie!!!

The curriculum is meant to be the IB PYP, but the day after achieving candidate status they withdrew from the training. It is unlikely that the IBO will give accreditation to the school, for both academic and moral reasons.

They do not have competent management.

There are no expectations or accountability for teachers, which some may like. However they will spring last minute, unannounced formal observations of you.

There are so many more things! Save yourself!!! Don't go!!! There are many other schools with much better pay. Hold out. You are worth it!

I only wish I had read this forum before I went!

Candyapple
specialed

Post by specialed »

When did you work at ENS - what year(s)?
Candyapple

Post by Candyapple »

Started 2008. Still have one year left.
Elmo

Post by Elmo »

I feel for you Candyapple. I'm a former employee of ENS and leaving was one of the best decisions I ever made.
garnettulip

Post by garnettulip »

Thanks for bringing this thread back to life, Candyapple -- you are so right that it needs to be kept up to date!

The original posting on ENS (with over 23,000 views now!) is currently on page 3.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: AVOID THIS 'SCHOOL' LIKE THE PLAGUE!!! It is an absolute disgrace to the world of education.
Candycane

Oh Boy!

Post by Candycane »

Are any of the recruiting agencies letting this school attend their recruiting fairs? Were you hired through a recruiting fair?
Elmo

Post by Elmo »

I was there a few years ago but in 2007 - Select aka Teach Anywhere were recruiting for them and when contacted about the "issues" wouldn't get involved.