Any updates on CfBt in Abu Dhabi ?

missy

Any updates on CfBt in Abu Dhabi ?

Post by missy »

Hello,

How have things been at CfBt in Abu Dhabi these days ?
Any improvements :?:
steventon

CfBT

Post by steventon »

I really hope they have - I have worked for the new director in a different project and he was excellent, so I hope things are looking up....
missy

Post by missy »

So the new director fo CfBt Abu Dhabi is a "he" ?

Does this mean he replaced Jan Reid (there were several complaints about her on this website) ?

Good to know the new director is a good guy !!
steventon

CfBT

Post by steventon »

Yes - although I am not sure if she has completely left CfBT's employment . let's hope so..the new guy, I am sure, will be fair and honest in his dealings with teachers - that has been my experience of him over the past 11 years...
carlenss

Post by carlenss »

Unfortunately things have not changed. There are at least two pending court cases . The Assistant Director is poison. The culture of this company in UAE is toxic. On the TES site there is some up to date comments. "C*B* provider who cannot be named." Tes has pulled this thread a number of time but it keeps resurfacing.
Other PPP providers are not attracting the negativity of this company. Apply elsewhere, That would be my advice.
Opal

Post by Opal »

[quote="carlenss"]Unfortunately things have not changed. There are at least two pending court cases . The Assistant Director is poison. The culture of this company in UAE is toxic. On the TES site there is some up to date comments. "C*B* provider who cannot be named." Tes has pulled this thread a number of time but it keeps resurfacing.
Other PPP providers are not attracting the negativity of this company. Apply elsewhere, That would be my advice.[/quote]

What is the TES site?
steventon

TES

Post by steventon »

That is the Times Educational Supplement which has a forum for teaching overseas. It is useful, but posts are often deleted if at all critical. Worth checking out though..

www.tes.co.uk

Go to Community, then follow links for teaching overseas.
markholmes

Post by markholmes »

missy

Post by missy »

I have now read that it is actually 2 top administrators that were
replaced at CfBt in Abu Dhabi so it seems that things have improved ?

Anyone care to comment on what it is like to be a TEacher Advisor
in Abu Dhabi ?
What is the daily schedule like ?
Is it difficult work ?
diamogirl

cfbt

Post by diamogirl »

Heya
Im thinking of applying to cfbt for an advisory teacher role in Abu Dhabi.
Any information about them?
Posts a few years ago indicated they were facing a lawsuit...getting new directors etc.
How are they now??
Is there package and conditions reasonable?

Cheers
expatdee

CfBT in Abu Dhabi

Post by expatdee »

I'm a PT in a local school. Like the school, the team and some aspects of the job.
We are paid on time and got good help at orientation. Accommodation varies - usually a two or three bedroomed apartment. Some apartment blocks are in the middle of construction sites or in locations where parking is terrible - luck of the draw really.
Unfortunately the company politics are terrible. Several friends of mine have been sacked - basically for complaining about their line managers.
CfBT cannot deal with personnel issues - it is not even really the fault of HR - they are being controlled by a clique of control freaks. The company does not want to acknowledge any personnel problems, are paranoid about the local schools sensing that all of the CfBT may not get on (so they ignore basic human nature) and this allows rampant bullying and bitching to spread throughout the company.
I will not be working there next year - way too much job insecurity! If you speak up in anyway or if you do not 'play the game' you are at risk of losing your job.
The company are being brought to the Ministry of Labour by several people who have been unfairly dismissed.
You do realise that you will not have any Christmas holidays? If you have children their school holidays may not coincide with yours since CfBT PT's holidays are the local school holidays.
My overall advice - you can get better pay for the same type of job so look around for jobs with the other operators. However if you are prepared to ignore the bulls**t, hope that you will not get into any conflict or that no one will lie about you, hope that you get a good line manager and are good at 'playing the game' and are a 'yes man/woman' you will probably get on fine!