Drinking water in Malaysia

twoteachers

Drinking water in Malaysia

Post by twoteachers »

Trying to think ahead to cooking, showers and teeth brushing. Should I get filters for all the faucets? I'll be in KL.
PsyGuy

Reponse

Post by PsyGuy »

You can cook and bath with tap water in KL. Drinking water is either a large bottled water dispenser or a water filter for the kitchen. My preference is the bottled water dispenser.
Climberman

Re: Drinking water in Malaysia

Post by Climberman »

I left KL in 2012 and I know that you can shower, bathe, cook, etc. without any problem. Buy the big bottles and cooler stand for drinking water.

Note: Something I did not consider but found out when I got to KL is that a lot of apartments/condos do not have hot water in the kitchen. Bathrooms have water heaters. So ask your real estate person.

Enjoy. You are going to one of the most livable countries in the world!
twoteachers

Post by twoteachers »

Thanks! Do you use the bottled water for brushing your teeth too?
Climberman

Post by Climberman »

I - and everyone I knew in KL - always used water from the faucet to brush and rinse our teeth. Bottled water not necessary.

Relax. Malaysia isn't China and KL is First rate all the way in terms of health and cleanliness.

You'll never want to leave.

Can you PM me and tell me what school you are going to? let me know if you have other questions.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

I used bottled water for brushing my teeth. Take cup fill with bottled water, go to bathroom swish brush in water, brush teeth, rinse mouth with bottled water from cup, then swish toothbrush in the cup with bottled water.
senator

Post by senator »

You don't need to brush your teeth with bottled water in KL! I also worked there, and like Climberman, always used water from the tap.
auntiesocial

Post by auntiesocial »

Ditto twoteachers. In fact, I regularly drank tap water in KL.