The American International School of Guangzhou (AISG), China

Rainbow

The American International School of Guangzhou (AISG), China

Post by Rainbow »

Hi, everyone!

Any update on this school? The school reviews are good but the problem is they only cover a few years until 2004. The current director would like to interview me at the IRC in NYC and it would be great if you could tell me more about the school, the staff, living in Guangzhou, the salary package, the saving potential etc. Thanks for you time!
Traveller1

Post by Traveller1 »

I don't know the school but I had a friend working in the city. Apparently the climate leaves a lot to be desired, very humid, overcast and cloudy for much of the year. Ask about the climate and pollution before you make a decision.
Rainbow

Post by Rainbow »

Thanks, Traveller1!
For sure I will...and I'm still waiting for other teachers to answer....maybe soon... :)
scribe

AISG

Post by scribe »

Have friends and former colleagues at the school - they've been there at least 3 years, plan on staying indefinitely. Don't know specifics, but they are top notch teachers so their happiness suggests a congenial and professional atmosphere. They also save a bundle on the package, even with children, and love the travel opportunities within China.