Frankfurt International School

cbad

Frankfurt International School

Post by cbad »

Hello Everyone! Just two quick questions about FIS. Do anyone have any experience or knowledge about whether or not this school hires candidates based on Skype interviews or must the school always have a face to face interview? Also, since this is one of the best schools in Europe, will it make any difference if my wife and I are applying together for positions? Or do they receive so many applicants that they can just pick and choose.

Any help would be great.
BlueJay

Post by BlueJay »

I had a few rounds of Skype interviews with them. Great, great, school. Everyone that I interviewed with including their Head of School Paul Fochtman are A+ top notch educators. My advice is to learn who the head of your division is and send them a note that you are both interested. Read through their website. Study their mission statement. Find Dr. Fochtman's blog and read old entries to learn more about him and his thinking. Then write a cover letter that explains how you fit into their vision. If you are attending a fair let them know that as well. Good luck!
cbad

Post by cbad »

Thanks for the quick reply! I did read his blog "Banyan Tree" which was really cool and says a lot about him. My wife and I have already applied and I read the entire website but I did not mention his blog. When it comes to cover letters I really never know how much they (the school) really want us to say about ourselves. Too much bragging sounds just as bad as not enough. Anyway, we'll see. We both have tons of IB experience so I guess we have a shot but I just know they are getting tons of applications for these positions.

By the way Bluejay, do you currently work at FIS?
BlueJay

Post by BlueJay »

No, I ended up accepting a better offer in a different part of the world. But they left a very positive impression upon me and when we are ready to get to Europe we will look to FIS for sure.