working in oil company schools

elevate88

working in oil company schools

Post by elevate88 »

I just recently read about how Chevron have not been granted an extension to their present contract in Indonesia.

A school in Riau is directly connected to this company and I wonder what future lies in store for a school like this and other similar oil sponsored schools. Other teachers in the international field have mentioned similar stories of how their overseas employers have been reinstated with local representation and have consequently lost significant benefits etc.

Does anyone out there have any opinion on working in oil sponsored schools?

Here is the news article I read:

Indonesia's energy ministry will not renew Chevron Corp's oil contract at a small oilfield in Sumatra and will hand over management to state-owned oil firm Pertamina, industry officials said.

The transfer of the Siak oilfield, which produces around 4,000 barrels per day, is part of a government effort to curb foreign ownership and grab more revenue from its natural resources.

"While Chevron is disappointed that the production sharing contract for the Siak block will not be extended, the company respects the decision," the U.S. oil firm said in a statement.

Chevron's contract expired earlier this week.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/11/ ... FD20131128
lloydkirk

Post by lloydkirk »

I would be curious about this too. Aramco gets a lot of discussion on this board but there must be other oil companies with schools out there.