NIST in Bangkok

Crgallen22

NIST in Bangkok

Post by Crgallen22 »

Anybody have any recent news from this school? Its website looks nice and the information on Search website does as well. Would appreciate any info from someone who has taught there or knows somebody. Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Crgallen22 on Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheery Littlebottom

Post by Cheery Littlebottom »

Knew folks who were there for 5 years, but left about 3 years ago. They loved it. At the time it was VERY IB. Lived, ate, slept, breathed and shit the PYP/MYP/DP philosophy, implemented by great quality staff.
Don't know if they still maintain that holistic IB ethic.
Note that they "prefer not" to have teachers with kids on their Search page. Possibly, they have a quota (like ISBangkok) for teachers kids.
I think there is quite a high % of locals.
Generally, good rep and decent package.
Mr.C4ke

Post by Mr.C4ke »

Considered the number one IB school in Bangkok. No actual figures but pays more than the other.

Located downtown; would suit if you like to be located in the heart of it. Some of my students visited last week for a university fair. They had good things to say.
buffalofan

Post by buffalofan »

Seems to be one of the most desired posts in all of Asia. There was a former teacher at my current school who went there some years back, had good things to say. I noticed that they have a new director this year.

I'll be in the queue for them at the fair in January, no doubt with 500 other people...
Lopaka

Post by Lopaka »

The secondary principal is rather brilliant....personable, visionary, great sense of humor, practical, great leader. Would love to work with him.
justlooking

Post by justlooking »

I wonder if they'll have a queue in January. I heard just today that they've hired a teacher (friend of a friend) for next school year already.
nikkor

Post by nikkor »

[quote="justlooking"]I wonder if they'll have a queue in January. I heard just today that they've hired a teacher (friend of a friend) for next school year already.[/quote]

I think its something we all need to be aware of. The top schools are all looking to be done with hiring as early in the year as possible. For instance, I've heard that UWC Singapore wants to be finished by the end of Nov. and they have about 40 positions open.