Collegiate American School in Dubai

HoraceMann

Collegiate American School in Dubai

Post by HoraceMann »

Does anyone have any information about this school?
intlskipper

Post by intlskipper »

I'm interested to hear about this school too. They have listings in TIE......Seems like they are a hardcore FOR profit school, which can sometimes be a bad sign. But who knows. There is no reviews for them here either.
Monkey

Post by Monkey »

Well, pretty much every school in Dubai is a "harcore" for-profit school.

The owners of CAS own a couple of other fairly successful schools, so they're not total noobs to the business.

However, as a new school trying to build its population, CAS is taking a lot of students who've either a)completely failed out of other schools or b) struggled in other schools. This doesn't mean they'd be horrible students, it just means they'd be low.

I can't speak about the package or the work environment.
tsalicco

Re: Collegiate American School in Dubai

Post by tsalicco »

Any new information for this school? I have a friend who has been there for 3 years and she is leaving this year. She has mentioned it is a good school to go to to save money but it has its downsides. Would love some more thorough information if anyone has :)
PsyGuy

Discussion

Post by PsyGuy »

Its a third tier school and nothing different then what youve read and seen posted before.

Its easy to save money because if you dont shop for luxury goods there isnt much to spend your money on except travel out of the country. You cant really get a drink unless you go to whats basically an expensive club or hotel. Sure people get around it but all the fun things are either heavily restricted, illegal, or very expensive.