When to worry?

CDNTEACH

When to worry?

Post by CDNTEACH »

My question is - when should I worry about not having a position for next year?
Last edited by CDNTEACH on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

I am just this week getting responses from schools that I sent my package to in November...

so I would guess that come March, it might be a time to worry. With that in mind, remember there is a late Search fair every year in Bethesda, as well as TIEonline emergency postings.

The ultimate time to be worrying would be August! LOL
sevarem

Post by sevarem »

One of my co-workers last year didn't find a job until late April. He's in Saipan now. From the looks of it, he's having a blast.
wrldtrvlr123

Re: When to worry?

Post by wrldtrvlr123 »

[quote="CDNTEACH"]Hi all -

So my husband and I have had a few interviews (unable to attend a fair) but have not been offered a contract. All schools in question said they would be at the offer stage in Feb.

My question is - when should I worry about not having a position for next year?[/quote]
------------------------
For us it was in September (after our school closed) when I finally said to my wife, "Well, I guess we are no longer on vacation. We're now unemployed."
CDNTEACH

Post by CDNTEACH »

:):) PHEW! Watching everyone get jobs makes you wonder...
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

Still early days yet! Search London starts today, Search Toronto and Queens fairs start in a day and a half, Cambridge in two weeks, San Francisco in three weeks, plus there is the UNI fair in between Toronto/Queens and Cambridge, so lots of hiring still to go. Don't despair :-)
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

You should be concerend if you havent been getting a lot of action on your applications already. Id be worried after 18 February, 2013. Id be getting scared at the end of May.
Teachers with marketable and competitive resumes dont usually have to wait for very long. They tend to get signed quickly, the longer the wait the more likely your in the newbie/entry level pile and many candidates in that group are very similar to one another.