Best region to Make/save money

Redvaldo

Best region to Make/save money

Post by Redvaldo »

I know it depends on so many factors..but if you were interested in teaching abroad for say 2 years, wheres the place you'd look to go to save money. lets say accomadation is provided? ME?
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

You would go to the ME, but you say something like "accommodation is included" and you change the WHOLE answer.
Id go to somewhere in Japan (outside Tokyo) like Hokkaido International School where there isnt much to spend your money on, and with the typical IS salary even at that tier you could save a lot. Savings potential is much more about your lifestyle choices and budgetary discipline then on salary.*1
Places like TASIS (Switzerland) and ASL (London) would have HUGE savings potential once you include housing in the package.

Now if you mean given the present market and compensation package where would you go to save the most over 2 years, then Id go to the ME, and i didnt mind being miserable as long as i was banking major coin.

*1 Now if i was really unscrupulous, Id move into a large condominium, apartment in Moto Azabu. Around 3 bedrooms and sublease out all three rooms, while the school paid the bills, then id use that income and rent a small nice 1DKL for myself in Shibuya maybe 15 or so minutes from the station (if i was at ASIJ, Yoyogi Uehara), and then pocket the HUGE difference.
Redvaldo

Post by Redvaldo »

thanks psyguy,appreciated