QSI 2012-13 hiring-Where are you currently in the process ?

HoraceMann

QSI 2012-13 hiring-Where are you currently in the process ?

Post by HoraceMann »

I applied in December, had a phone interview 3 or 4 days later. Was told I would be offered a position during the phone interview.
I am scheduled for a face-to-face meeting in the coming weeks.

My questions:

Has anyone been interviewed yet?

If you have already interviewed, were you offered a position/signed a contract at that time?

Has anyone been offered a position that is not currently advertised on the QSI web site?

If you have already been interviewed, and were not offered a specific position at that time...when were you told when you might be offered a position/contract?

Does anyone know if the internal transfer period has begun (or ended)?

Also...when responding could you please indicate whether you are applying as a married couple or single?

Thanks, I am tring to decide if I should be applying elsewhere...though I like the "security" of a position with QSI as a first overseas assignment.
sevarem

Post by sevarem »

We already work for QSI and have signed for a second year, but I can tell you a bit about how our interview went.

We met them for an interview at the Cambridge fair. We are a married couple. At the time, they wanted to hire us for Shekou, but couldn't find positions that really fit us both, so we left the fair without a job offer from them. They told us they would get back to us as soon as they could with a definite answer one way or another, and we kept in contact with them. We interviewed and were offered jobs from other schools, but a few weeks later, QSI got back to us with an offer for a different school than Shekou. We accepted.

The internal transfer period started in November. It's more or less over, though last minute transfers do happen. They offer transfers to couples first and then singles. However, there are a lot of job openings on the website, which implies that most of the transferring is completed. They don't post openings for jobs that are taken by transfers.

To be honest, we had read a lot of negative press about QSI, which made us think long and hard about taking a position with them, but we're really enjoying our time here. We have a great administration, supportive parents, and the students are a lot of fun and, for the most part, hard workers. The wider community recognizes this particular QSI as a good school and the enrollment is continuously growing. The city we're in leaves something to be desired, but that's not a QSI specific problem. We're happy to stay here a second year and are considering staying with them longer as transfers.
HoraceMann

Post by HoraceMann »

Anybody........???????
sevarem

Post by sevarem »

What, is my post invisible? I did answer, and if you have any other questions, I'm happy to try to answer those too.
PsyGuy

Maybe

Post by PsyGuy »

Maybe the poster simply expected "more" posts given the popularity of QSI?
HoraceMann

Post by HoraceMann »

sevarem, thank you for your response. It was informative.
I thought I was being clear about wanting information about the 2012-2013 school year recruiting efforts.
Thanks PsyGuy, you are exactly correct...I am hoping for more responses, specifically about what is being offered THIS year.
Are people bein g offered positions that are not posted on the QSI web site?
Are people (especially singles) being offered more multiple positions or are they being offered Almaty or nothing etc?
Has anyone been offered a single position at their interview, only to be offered another choice later?

Can anyone help answer any of these questions?

I believe HMMC was going to give a follow-up once she and her husbands positions were solidified (she was inquiring on this board about positions that had not even been posted on the QSI site yet).

This is the type of information I am presently trying to find out at the moment.

-HM
MMMC

Post by MMMC »

HoraceMann,
All locations I asked about are/were listed on their site
Last edited by MMMC on Sun May 06, 2012 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HoraceMann

Post by HoraceMann »

Hi MMMC,
I am trying to get a handle on what is available being offered...and when.

The reason I thought of you specifically was that you had an inquiry on the forum about Shekou and Kiev...weeks before any opening in Kiev were even posted.

I am just afraid that I will have gotten my hopes up only to get to the interview to only be offered a position in central Asia.

China and central Asia were both mentioned as possible places for singles to land on their first posting with QSI. I have since seen it suggested that China is even held out as a carrot to people when their only intention is to offer Kazakstan, Kyrgyzstan, or Azerbaijan...etc.

I am just trying to get a feel for where I might expect to be able to go BEFORE I am offered a position at the interview.

Reading between the lines, it seems that they have already figured out where they will offer ahead of time even though the same positions are available in more desirable places...but they are going to hold onto those positions to fill at the job fairs later in the hiring season.

Anyone have any thoughts on this matter?

-HM
HoraceMann

Post by HoraceMann »

I went to my appointment this weekend. Pretty straightforward. As a single I was "recommended" for all of the positions that I showed an interest in (and was qualified for).
As is QSI policy, I will have to wait for married couples to sign their contracts for each of schools that I am interested in, to see if the position that I am interested in is the "odd one out"...again just as they said.
I believe there was at least one position that was not advertised on the QSI job openings page.

Anybody else with news?

Where are you going?

HM
HoraceMann

Post by HoraceMann »

BUMP

Anyone with news??????

HM
PsyGuy

ISS

Post by PsyGuy »

ISS/BOS is now over. Offers should go out next week.